Sunday, July 14, 2013

31 Miraculous Experience While Driving

I would like to share my amazing experience related to driving.

I was sent to Portland, Oregon in fall for a commercial film shoot in the mid '90s. That was around when I started to live independently both mentally and financially, and also my interest in traveling and exploring started to bloom. Actually it was right after my first solo travel abroad, to beautiful Norway.

 When I flew in a couple of hours before the clients' arrival, I came up with a crazy idea to go for a drive in the state of Oregon for the first time. It's my nature to enjoy the given moment at the fullest.

I picked up a mini van, and off I zoomed to the country side, on a highway going through open fields. 

Oregon greeted me joyfully. The blue of the sky, the green of the trees, the perfect weather, no traffic, and the music from the local radio! Most of all, I was so excited to find the same tall purple flowers all over the fields, which I just saw and admired during the train trip in Norway. (Later I learned that it was Fireweed.) I was feeling so HAPPY and everything was just perfect.

Then all of a sudden I got taken by a strange sensation: I felt like my body was melting out to blend with the scenery, the whole presence, as if there was no border between "me" and "outside". At the same time I got struck by a strong sense of bliss, and tears started gushing out for no reason. I heard the voice inside my saying, "Everything is all right."

This was pure joy, happiness, oneness, peace that I had never felt before.

I was still driving, but it felt like I was on auto-drive and I felt like my consciousness expanded way out of my small body.

I don't remember how long that sensation lasted, but as I was attracted to a view on the left, I pulled into a small side road that cut across to the other side of the highway, which was probably 300meters apart. I wanted to take a close look at the red barn in the field. 

I parked in the middle from both highways and enjoyed the view. 

When I got back to the van and started to pull back to turn around, the car jolted back. Thud! The rear wheels got stuck in the ditch.Uh-oh. There was no one or no car around, and there was not enough time to go back to the airport. But since I was still up in the air, I did not stress at all. 

Then I saw a car approaching on the other side of the highway,  then slowing down as it passed the road I was on, and started backing up (on a highway) to make a turn and came toward me.

"Are you all right?" It was a nice couple trying to help me. Jut when we started talking, we saw a police car coming down the highway, so we waved. Then the young policeman came and called a tow truck for me to help, and beyond our expectations, the tow-truck appeared right away!

It was amazing that everything was just happening one after another in perfect timing like a movie! 

So the van was saved and I got back on the way to the airport when traffic was getting heavy.  I knew I would be late for the clients' arrival time, but  I was still up in the air and so thankful for the whole thing, it didn't bother me much. I was just aware of the fact that "I will arrive late" but no judgement or no reaction to it, as it was no use anyway.

Turned out, the clients' flight was conveniently delayed, so everything worked out perfectly! It was not a good thing at all from a professional POV, but it was a great experience for me. I greeted my clients as if nothing happened, and felt good throughout the project.

Much later I learned that RESISTANCE makes everything difficult and complicated. ACCEPTANCE (to go with the flow and be flexible just like surfing) is the way to go. In this state we can attract "miraculous" things happen easily. Actually it is "normal" when you are connected with the whole/universe to receive help from unlimited source.

No comments:

Post a Comment