Thursday, June 27, 2013

26 PET/CT

I went to take PET/CT and brought my daughter with me. 

At the reception, I was dismayed to learn that a small child like her cannot come near me for 2 hours after the test because of too much radiation exposure. That meant she had to wait for more than 4 hours alone! 

That's ridiculous...nobody told me about it at the clinic, and I regretted that I didn't study what to expect. I didn't even think about radiation at all in the first place...so stupid of me. It is totally against natural treatment.... Later on I learned that the dosage of radiation under PET/CT is 250 times greater than regular X-ray. But it was too late.

When I was all done and came back to the waiting area after about 90 to 120 minutes, I saw my daughter waited patiently, bored by playing her Nintendo DS and reading all the books there. Too bad I could not hug her, but glad she was old enough to know that she had to keep distance from me.

I was told that as long as keeping 1 meter away from each other would be fine, so we went to eat. We were starving! So we sat far apart from each other in a big table and enjoyed lunch for 2 hours. We used the time to plan fun things to do in L.A.

I was very tired that day. Maybe from too much radiation...or from the cappuccino I had for a little treat for myself! .....or both. (Eating out is tricky for my diet in general, especially the salt part.)

No comments:

Post a Comment